Corey Rice, Coordinator
The primary goal of the A+ Schools Program is to help students be successful in high school and, later, after high school. Grant money is used to develop programs and classes to support this goal. A+ School designation allows graduating students the opportunity to two years of free tuition and general fees from any participating Missouri public community, vocational or technical school. to be eligible the student must:
- Have attended a designated A+ School for 3 consecutive years prior to graduation
- Have graduated with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Have at least a 95% attendance record
- Have performed 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring for younger students
- Have maintained a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol
- Pass the Algebra I End of Course (EOC) exam with a score considered Proficient or Advanced by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.